Saturday, March 22, 2014

Closer to Done

Celtic Solstice went from HERE:

 To HERE:


The first is just all Block Ones, the second is Block Ones alternated with Block Twos. Some of the details don't show up since it is just placed on my design board, and the spacing is not right. In person, the "circles" of blue show up really well.

BUT. I made a boo boo. I'm short one block. You do realize what a bummer that is, right? I needed 40 of one block and 41 of the other. I managed to make 40 of each. Guess I can't count that high.

I also need to note that I am in the Triangle Quilt Along (T QAL) and these are the fabrics I am using:



Thanks,
Lin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you for sticking to a Bonnie Hunter mystery. They are too involved for me. I actually like both of your versions. Did you make that 41st block yet? The thing I often forget is corner squares in a block (like friendship star or saw tooth star).

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Your CS looks awesome! Good for you, I don't think I would have hung in there! LOVE your colors/fabrics for the Triangle QAL - purple is one of my favs - mine is going to be purples pinks and blues :)

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Your Solstice looks amazing! I hope you have enough to get the last block...frustrating. What a difference it makes with the two blocks. Love your fabrics too. Thanks for quilting along:)

Richard Healey said...

Nice fabric choice.

Quilt Blog
Etsy Store
Craftsy Patterns

Gosia @ Quilts My Way said...

What a lovely quilt, Lin!!! I like both of Your versions, but the second one is amazing!!! I love Your fabrics choice, too.