Friday, June 27, 2014

Pattern Testing

I did some pattern testing for Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts. I made both the I (HEART) TO SEW and I (HEART) TO QUILT. Lorna was one of my first bloggy friends, so I'd do a lot for her.

The patterns went together quite well, and I really like the results.




This is the "needle" I sewed in the piece.

I really like this sewn from stash. I had great fun picking out my fabrics.

Someday I'll make a jacket to wear to quilt shows, etc., and put part of the Quilt one on the back. Wouldn't that be fun?

I SID'ed the seams and stippled the white on the SEW quilt. It makes the lettering and pictures stand up more. You can just make out the stippling on the needle pic.

It blows my mind how Lorna was able to get all the measurements right for all these pieces. I would have been winging it--well, this looks like it should fit. The precision was good, made it so much easier.

I would be glad to make something else for Lorna.


I'm linking today with Lorna's blog Sew Fresh Quilts

Thanks,
Lin

9 comments:

Gina said...

Great quilts. I love the idea of turning them into a jacket xx

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like they turned out great - I follow Lorna too

kim said...

You did a nice job with Lorna's pattern!
I like your purple iron :)

Anonymous said...

Both of your finishes look great! I love the metallic needle that you stitched in - a fun detail.

allthingzsewn said...

I too like the needel idea. And a great idea for the jacket. I like the green thread.

Sheri said...

I really like the versions made from printed stash fabrics for variety-- they look great!

Lorna McMahon said...

Both of your finishes are gorgeous, Lin. I sure do appreciate your help with the pattern testing. Love the little details you added, like the needle! You did an awesome job!

CeLynn said...

Both of your finishes are beautiful,and love that needle!

Mania said...

I like the thread you used for the needle. Clever!!