Friday, June 6, 2014

Color Study

I'm doing a piece that is a color study. I wanted 9 gradated shades of blue yesterday, and 5 shades of green today. I will be needing yellow, purple and pink soon. I'm a little worried if I will have shades of pink.
Since I'm checking my stash for the colors, it gives me a good chance to clean out my stash. I'm embarrassed to show you how my stash cupboard looks. But here goes:


Boy oh boy. This is one picture I don't want to make bigger. But I will. I'm either brave or stupid.
I have been thru the blues and greens in this pic. I think I want to get some containers with covers to fit these shelves. I'll have to measure and see what I can find. I'll want to be able to see thru the container, and stack them, maybe.
In a week or so, I'll post another pic. Hope it's mucho bettero then. (that's Spanish, isn't it?)

So here are my blues and greens:




Here are the links to the first day of The New Quilt Bloggers blogs. Please take a look and enjoy. These are some of my new best friends!

Michelle @ Michelle Bartholomew
Yvonne @ Quilting Jet Girl

Thanks,
Lin

6 comments:

Gina said...

You're brave showing your fabric cupboard. I recognise those colour choices, will be interested to see what you do with them xx

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

I use stackable, clear plastic bins for my fabric to help tidy things up a bit. Now don't expect perfectly folded and neat fabric inside my bins... it's usually OK, but sometimes still quite messy inside them! :)

Vera said...

You are keeping it real! I put quilted cover over the mess in my bookshelfs, lol.

Cheryl said...

I like the color gradients you have made. I am interested to see what you are going to make with them.

salamanda said...

Hi Lin glad to see you honest about what goes on in your sewing space.

Patch the Giraffe said...

Lin you are one of the most honest bloggers I have ever seen :)