Thursday, June 12, 2014

I (HEART) TO QUILT

Today I'm working on Lorna's I (HEART) TO QUILT wall hanging pattern. Please see Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts (here) to read all about it.


I made the I (HEART) TO SEW last week. Please see this post to read all about it.

The SEW wall hanging I made with stash, but QUILT I elected to go with the fabrics Lorna had picked out. My order arrived (why does it always seem to take sooo looong when you're waiting for something?)
Look at these luscious colors:




I got a kick out of them because they have their color names attached. I love reading their names.
Greens: (All Kona colors) Honeydew,Pear, Sour Apple, Kiwi, and Fern
Blues:  Aqua, Robin Egg, Azure, Bahama Blue, Peacock, Turquoise, Cyan, Caribbean, and Teal
Pinks:  Pink, Medium Pink, Carnation, Bubble Gum, Candy Pink, and Bright Pink
Purples:  Petunia, Pansy, Wisteria, Crocus, and Magenta.

It seems there are themes in their color names. The purples are all flowers, greens are fruits. I think they had the least imagination in naming the pinks.

-----
My computer is BACK! Kiss the computer! 
My computer hero managed to kill off the Gorilla Purchase that was--seemingly--screwing up my computer.

------
Today is the second week on our New Quilt Bloggers blog hop. Please take a look at these blogs. More of my new best friends. No kidding! This is such a warm group. We have been sharing and learning so much. Perhaps you notice some of the improvements on my blog. Or maybe they're like make up? You're not supposed to notice the makeup, just how nice someone looks.

Chelsea @ Patch The Giraffe (http://patchthegiraffe.blogspot.com/)
Daisy @ Ants To Sugar
Rachael @ The Floral Suitcase 
Elizabeth @ And Pins
Jennifer @ Never Just Jennifer 
Alice @ Blossom Quilts
Stephanie @ Late Night Quilter
Camelia @ Camelia Elliott
Nurdan @ Hug a Bit Quilts
Lori @ Sew Psychd
Kitty @ Night Quilter
Christina @ Wips and Tuts
Marcia @ Cozy Capatiller
Jasmine @ Quilt Kisses


Thanks,
Lin

No comments: