Monday, June 23, 2014

Organized

I've been asked how the organizing of my stash cupboard was working for me. I ordered some Sterilite containers on Amazon, and they came while I was in Atlanta. So I just played with them. I love it!


The labels are the colors in the boxes. So, guess what the box with the black fabrics in it, says on it.
Try again. Now think about it.
BLACK! Did you get it right?

I was surprised how much pink I have, and how much blue.


Here's the Before picture. I don't want to make this picture any bigger than it is.

But, you're supposed to notice the BIG difference! I found lots of scraps that I get to cut up into usable sizes. I better get busy on this.

---

I had a great time at my cousin's house! Great chance for us to catch up. We went to see Jersey Boys, the movie. We both enjoyed it. It was *our* music! Dancing in our seats. The newspapers have not given it good reviews, but we enjoyed it. I guess it depends what you're watching it for. To review it, or to enjoy it. 

---

Here's a question for you related to my organizing:
Do you keep pieces big enough for backings somewhere special? I'm thinking of putting them into their own bigger bin. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Lin

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it would depend on if you would only want to use those fabrics for backings - sometimes they could be used for backgrounds.
nice organizing

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

I agree with Karen - I don't tend to buy fabric for backing until I need it, so all my fabrics stay organized by color. But if you purchased it exclusively to use as a backing, I would probably organize those fabrics a bit separately - especially if it is extra wide fabric.

Gina said...

Love how you've organised your stash and scraps. Mine are just in boxes and drawers.
I keep the fabric I've bought especially for backings in a separate drawer, but I normally buy as I quilt unless I see a bargain xx

purduepam said...

Want to come organize mine :).
Looks nice and tidy

Patch the Giraffe said...

That looks much better! Congrats on getting that cabinet organized :)