Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I (Heart) 2 Sew

I have been doing pattern testing for  Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts. She posted both an I (HEART) TO SEW wallhanging and a I (HEART) TO QUILT one. I love both. The Quilt one is closer to my heart tho. I volunteered to test the patterns for her.

I ordered a pack of the ombre solids to do the I (HEART) 2 QUILT wallhanging, but chose to do the SEW one in stash so I could get started. That's what prompted me to clean out my stash cupboard. Golly Gosh Gee (and a bunch of other nastier words), I am amazed how really, really messy that cupboard was is. I've cleaned out the greens, blues, pinks, purples so far. Yesterday I bought a couple Sterilite bins to audition for size. If this is the right size, I'll order a bunch on Amazon. {Love Amazon! You can find anything!}

Here are my color pulls:





I had fun pulling the fabrics.

Here's the finished flimsy:




It was a pretty windy day. My highly-paid quilt holder had to move around to several positions on the deck to find a quiet spot to get a good picture.

My package of solids came and now I'll start on I (HEART) 2 QUILT.

I thought these would look wonderful on the back of a jacket/shirt to wear to a quilt show. Maybe someday...

Thanks, Lorna, for the opportunity to test these for you. I am so amazed at what you do! These will have a place of honor in my house.

I urge all of you, readers, to check out Lorna's patterns.


Thanks,
 Lin

5 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Such a pretty sample you have made, Lin! I love your fabric choices! And am glad this has encouraged you to get your cupboard organized, too. Your finish is fantastic!

Vicki in MN said...

Nicely done Lin!! Pattern testing can be really fun,I have done a few over the years.

ValerieH said...

Great job! I can't wait to start mine.

Jessica said...

So cute! Love the color choices!

Patch the Giraffe said...

Nice job Lin! I love how you chose prints, it's a great variation. How did those tubs work out for organizing your cupboard?