Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Song

Yesterday I posted how I wake up each morning with a song in my head. There seems no rhyme or reason why I get a particular song that day. Today's song is "Does you chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight." sigh... 
Lonnie Donegan and his Skiffle Group This is Lonnie Donegan whose brought this song to popularity in 1959. I do listen to the 50s station on Sirius radio, so it's probable I have heard this song in the last month or so. Why does a certain song lodge itself in my brain?--A little aside: I googled the song and the title is actually "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor (on the bedpost overnight)" Please note the mistake in grammar. It should be its, not it's. I'm a word freak, I can't help it. My mother drilled things like that into us.

Mom was a crossword puzzle fan, so we learned strange words that are hard to get into regular conversations. Like spizzerinctum. Now, my computer thinks that is not a word. But I know it is. It means vim, vigor, vitality. The unabridged dictionary thinks it was a made up word from "specie rectum." EWWW! That would mean "the right kind" they say.



This is Trixie. She's an eight-year-old Sheltie. She's very hairy. But, no, she does not require a lot of work on my part. I get her groomed about once a month. I used to do it all myself, but like having a pro do it better. She's a very, very sweet dog.
She will usually be found near me. She is very attentive, in case I'm going to do something involving food or going outside. She jumps up for lots of times when I disappoint her by making trips to the bathroom. When I am sewing, or computering (new word?) she will be right outside the door, waiting. 
She doesn't seem to like having her picture taken tho. Most of the time she turns away when I snap the picture. 
If I have a quilt hanging on my design wall that flows out onto the floor, she has to lay on it. Adding that special layer of dog hair. 


Rub my belly, please.

And she LOVES belly rubs! 
-----

We went to a Chinese restaurant yesterday. Yummy. One of the best things about Chinese restaurants is that we have leftovers for the next day. I just had the best lunch! 

-----


I bought fabric yesterday to use on my next creations. I have the beautiful Kona FQ solids my husband got me for Christmas and a batik jelly roll. Bought border fabrics for the Konas and additional fabric to make the jelly roll quilt larger. Can't wait to get started. I will be cutting them all up so I'll have everything ready. Make sure I keep the inspirational pictures close by so I don't forget when I'm ready to start. How many of you that? But everything you need for a planned quilt, set it aside while you work on whatever's in the queue first, and forget what it was you wanted to do with the new stuff. I always manage to use it, but maybe not in the expected plan.



"Now a dollar is a dollar and a dime is a dime. I'd sing another chorus, but I haven't go the time."


No comments: