Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Group Sewing

I went to the quilt group today! What fun! I really enjoy being with this group. They are so welcoming, and busy.

Today someone was teaching a paper piecing class. I didn't take part in that, but just doing my own sewing. There were beautiful projects all over the room. I got very involved taking pictures.


This fish is the project they're going to do next. It's raw edge applique with a layer of tulle over it. Looks fantastic.


Barb taught these Izzy purses a couple weeks ago, and someone has been very busy making aa bunch for Christmas presents.

This is all paper-pieced. Aren't the colors to die for? They just POP!

Do you see the roosters on this fabric? Aren't they cute? Or are roosters handsome?

This will be a set of placemats, with a table runner to match. Another one that the colors POP!

And a happy red lap quilt. Very nice corners on it too.

-----

I was working on my melon/creamsicle quilt. Got quite a bit done, but made a couple stupid mistakes. Perhaps I got a little more involved in chatting than sewing?

----
When they make laws like this, I am SURE to obey the law!

Lin

I linked up today with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social @ SewFreshQuilts.
Thanks

6 comments:

Debra said...

LOVE the fish quilt. This is from Free Style Quilts by Sue Carlson. If you get a chance, check out my website: debraharryartquilts.com. I use her technique a lot in my art quilts and patterns. It is a great techiniqe and alot of fun. Loved seeing it - Thanks!

Catherine said...

The fish is beautiful. Sounds like you had a great day.

Lorna McMahon said...

What a lovely assortment of different projects. You must be having a wonderful time! Lots of luck with the progress on your melon quilt!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a fun post. I loved seeing all the photos. Sure is a busy group. There is nothing like quilters to make you feel welcome! Loved that last picture. LOL

Unknown said...

HA! makes me appreciate the alligator free northwest! Great colors in your fish!

Nrhaller said...

I loved seeing all the projects this quilt group was making. Thanks for sharing them. But the one I liked the best was the completely paper pieced one with the shades of pink and aqua with black, those colors really popped!!!
Rae (nrhaller@aol.com)