Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Proud!

I'm so proud of my daughter! She decided to teach herself to crochet and knit. I gave her some Learn to Knit and Learn to Crochet kits for Christmas, and she has gone at it. For my birthday she gifted me with a delightful scarf and hat. I'm just bursting at the seams with pride!

My mother taught me to embroider, crochet and knit when I was a kid. Neither of my daughters wanted to learn when they were kids. Now to think that my daughter wants to do something that I enjoy, just makes me delirious. Both my mother and my mother-in-law would be so proud of her too. My mil was crafty too.

So here's a picture of the scarf:


I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now here's my first selfie:



I remembered at the last second to smile, so that's the beginning of a smile. Great looking hat tho, isn't it?
(I didn't know my nose looked like that.)

Thanks,
Lin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have a really cool daughter, and she a really cool mom :)
I did some crocheting as a kid, albeit not much. I remember trying to try it again after a while and not remembering how to do anything but the chain....
KL

Catherine said...

It gives me hope my daughters might learn too! You must be so pleased.