Wednesday, April 2, 2014

McTavishing---Yet Again!

I promise--this is the last time. I think.

I played with McTavishing again. I'm happier. I could see some of what I was doing wrong in the last one. It is so much fun, just swirling around. It's a practice sandwich, so I don't have to worry about anyone judging the quality of my McTavishing. Except you, dear reader.


So here are some pictures of my latest attempts:


These two (above) I did on March 28. Nice and swirly, spacing better.
The three below, I did on March 31. What looks like a bright chartreuse in my computer screen is really a soft yellow. 




So I'll link this up to Amy's Free Motion Adventure's McTavishing Mondays for my final time. So sad to say adieu to this activity to increase our McTavishing skills. It doesn't mean that I will not continue on my own.

Thanks,
Lin

9 comments:

One Wee Bird said...

I've read about this technique and I think you are definitely getting the hang of it, your swirling is awesome...I don't have the patience!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Very interesting work Lin! I love to see McTavishing and need to practice more myself. That reminds me to pull out my book on it later this week... :-) Well done!

http://www.busyneedle.ch

Lorna McMahon said...

Great practice pieces, Lin! Looks like you are certainly getting the hang of it. And having fun in the process! Well done!

SIMPLESEW said...

Ditto ......

Anonymous said...

Co brats on winning the thread! Pat

a maidenhair fern said...

Mctavishing? never heard of it. I need to get out more. will do some research. I do love fmqing, so I'll have to try it. It's fun to see your progression.

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

Ooh! Serious swooshiness going on here! Love it!

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Well done! Beautiful job!

SIMPLESEW said...

No I havent done it yet, I have been so busy pushing WIPS out, I just do some straight lines.. LOL