Tuesday, January 28, 2014

INSPIRATION!

I followed Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery in November and December and fell in love with her results. It was offered in either Inklingo or using various rulers (Tri Recs, etc). I decided I was gonna try something completely new, up for a challenge. So I went for Inklingo. This is a method that prints the lines on fabric so you can make exact pieces easily. I had a learning curve for sure with this. First, my (old) printer did to want to accept thick papers. You iron freezer paper onto your fabric, then send it thru the printer.

This is what it looks like with the lines printed.


Linda Franz, the one who invented Inklingo, mentioned that she uses a Canon printer. So I went and bought a $50 Canon. That worked beautifully. I sent a lot of emails to Linda during my trials and tribulation. She was great about solving things for me. 

Printed my fabrics, cut my pieces and started piecing. Well, I found out I need to be a more careful rotary cutter to take full advantage of her method. I need to use reader glasses to make sure I'm lined up.  But the pieces I cut correctly went together well. 

Then we went away to Florida, so had to wait until we returned to work on the piecing. Then the computer was giving me fits--would not communicate to printer no matter what I did. So frustrating because my husband came and talked to it, and it obeyed! But at least I can start printing again. I need to check how many more sheets I need to print to catch up.

Bonnie Hunter's designs are fantastic! I just LOVE her work. So much so that I ordered all of her books. They came today, so I'm having a Bonnie-fest. Excited to be trying some of her other patterns. She is a scrap quilt queen. What a good idea, to use up some of my stash.


Woo Hoo! Excited to get her books!



I made a bunch of things for Christmas last month. I made fabric boxes, two sizes, and stars to hang on the tree.

                                                                       The little boxes have been especially             popular. Isn't it nice to   give something you       made yourself?





Every Christmas I make my grand daughters some ornaments for their tree. When they eventually move out of Mom's house, they will have a very good start on their own trees. And they'll have something Grandma made just for them--forever!

I'm linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday today http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/2014/01/sew-cute-tuesday-12/

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like you have been having fun with lots of neat projects and all of Bonnie's books......sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Sweet Woodruff said...

I am curious to try Inklingo. I bought the rulers for this quilt, but haven't started it. I have several of her quilts started. Eeek. It's nice to hear she's so nice and helpful with her product. I LOVE Bonnie's books. I have them all. Thanks for commenting on my blog.