Friday, January 9, 2015

A Squishy Package

I got a squishy package in the mail today! Yay! Don't you love squishies??

This one was from Pam, my Supernova partner. We had decided to continue making blocks til we had 16. The original plan was 10. Well, 10 just didn't seem right to either of us. What would you do, a 5 x 2 quilt? Nope, not gonna happen. Sixteen it was.

We planned on using Kaffe Fassett prints, neither of us had used his stuff before. And we decided I would make cool colors (because I'm cool), and she would make hot colors (guess what that says about her).

We dutifully exchanged out blocks monthly. Then life got in our way. Had a break, then I got a chance to catch up. I sent all my blocks to Pam. I told her January of February was fine, since we would be in Florida anyway.

She caught up. Man, do I love this quilt! This is gonna be one spectacular quilt! The colors pop, the prints are jumpin'. They're almost all Kaffe prints. Pam said she added one that reminded her of DNA, apt since we're both in the medical fields. See if you can find it.





They're just laid out on a bed, but aren't they spectacular?????

I'm wondering about using sashing to set the wild and crazy colors apart. See the gray in the last photo? Mr LQ suggested I might want a darker color. Something to mull over.

I LOVE THIS!!!

Thanks,
Lin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is pretty! I don't know about sashing. It would certainly make the quilt bigger but I love how the pattern just flows through it without sashing! Maybe just add a border to frame it and make it look like the work of art that it is. :)

Catherine said...

I agree with the previous comment. The blocks look amazing and it will make a fabulous quilt

purduepam said...

Wow, the sashing option is interesting. I am going to look at that too.

I do love the size and layout you have.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Wow! Those colors really do pop! It looks wonderful. I'm not sure about adding sashing either, seems like it would break up the blocks and that's one of the great things about this pattern - the way it flows. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Marie said...

What a great project to get introduced to Kaffe's fabrics - you both did a fantastic job on the blocks and it sounds like you are more than happy with the results. Warning, Kaffe can be addictive...