Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sweet Sixteen Problem Solved

I wrote on October 20 about the problems I was having with my quilter. See post here. In short, my Bottom Line thread was separating into two plies, and eventually one of them was shredding. I had changed to a larger needle because I've heard that can be an issue with shredding. Not much better.

I emailed to Superior Threads and they suggested loosening the tension. I decided to thread my machine only thru 2 of the three holes in a certain spot in the thread path, and loosen the upper tension. My stitches did look good before this tho.

Superior's suggestions helped some, but still ongoing. I was getting very frustrated!

I left a message for Handi Quilter's tech number, and they called back. She asked me how tight my bobbin was, and told me to loosen that, and then loosen the top a lot too, and change back to size 14 needle. Go back to three holes.

I did all that, and have beautiful results now! I'm guessing I have always adjusted my bobbin too tight. Guess I should read the directions from HQ, and not go by the You Tube tuts??

My Sweetie and I are friends again!



Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

YAY :) So glad you got this figured out!! There is nothing more frustrating than thread breakage!

Hope you get lots done before you 'fly south' for the winter :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad you got it figured out - I always have a bad relationship with my sewing machines because when something ends up not working so well I get frustrated and can never get it quite back to how it should be.

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, that is such great news to hear you have figured out your issues!

Ruth said...

I was admiring one of these at the weekend at a show. One day maybe!!

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you got it all figured out. A machine not working right is just too frustrating.