Thursday, November 6, 2014

Handi Quilter Education

Later this week I am going for 3 classes in using my Sweet Sixteen! I'm pretty pumped about the chance. The store I should have bought my machine from is putting on these classes. The store is 1 1/2 hours away, so I chose a store only 1 hour away, but they just didn't know much about the machine.

The owner of the store told me there would be a Sweet Sixteen for me to work on at the classes, so I don't have to learn things on a stand-up quilter, then translate them to my sit-down. I'm so looking forward to this!

I've talked to the owner several times to ask about accommodations near the classes. She alerted me to a house, and rooms that rents out, but Lake Odessa is a very small city. There's a motel about 20 minutes away. That's where I made my reservations.

Owner called me today to ask if I wanted a room mate. Someone I don't know. I'm a little skeptical. But I talked to Jean and it sounded like we could get along. So I agreed. I went online to change my reservation to show two people. I had made the reservations for the wrong nights!!!!! I have changed it now tho. So God was looking out for me. Yay, God!

I will update you later about the classes and my new best friend (?).

Thanks,
Lin

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck with the classes - you are braver than I don't know if I would want to share a room with someone I do not know - but usually it seems all quilters get along so maybe you will have a new best friend