Saturday, November 15, 2014

New Quilt Bloggers' Bee

Our November Queen, Jill of Pie Lady Quilts, for the New Quilt Bloggers' Bee asked for improv tree blocks. First time for me to do improv. What an education. The biggest thing I learned is to start with your background much bigger than you plan the block to be. I was surprised by how much I lost.

Jill asked for improv trees with low-volume backgrounds.

Here is what I will send out tomorrow:



Jill said she would trim them when she gets them, so I will send with messy edges, even tho it really grinds on me.

In the tut to make these babies, it said to be sure to keep the pieces together after you slice open your places to put limbs. It sure is easy to forget which way it up when all you have is a little triangle and a slice of "limb." I had to keep laying them back down on the table.

Hope Jill likes them!

Thanks,
Lin

2 comments:

Patch the Giraffe said...

Oh this is neat! Very cool idea.

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

This is a great block idea. I like the way your trees turned out!