Thursday, July 17, 2014

I TOLD YOU SO!

I told you I would have something to post "soon." Well, here it is. I sewed last night (Tuesday) and today (Wednesday). I got a lot more squares for Desert Sky done. Have a lot more to do, since I want this queen sized. But I'm going to put it away to take to Florida to work on. I have a lot of quilting to do, and I can't do that in Florida, so I better get going!

I see some right in the middle that I have misaligned. Oops!
The colors are in no particular order, and a little haphazardly arranged. I wonder how I managed that. Good thing this is just for Show, and not for Go.

The teacher in the Judy Niemeyer class I took, told us to glue the convex and concave pieces together. This works out quite well. Here are pictures of what I did.

Convex and concave pieces

Pinning the very edges

Laying down  a line of glue just to the seam allowance

Matching the cut edges

And, voila! Stitched together. No creases.
Sharon Schamber has great tutorials on using glue for attaching bindings. She uses Elmer's School Glue however. This is a fabric glue stick. Mine is Fons and Porter. I understand Clover or someone has one also.



Thanks,
Lin

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been seeing more and more suggestions to use glue on things instead of pins -- if it works!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

You have made a lot of progress on piecing these blocks. They look great!

Rachel @ Quiltineering said...

I just started using Elmer's glue for curves too. It works really well!

Patch the Giraffe said...

Yay, this quilt also is very ambitious! Great tip on glue, never done curves but this would make it easier.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

When you showed the fabrics you picked I was so excited to see this come together. . . you are not disappointing!! This is awesome!!

Thanks for the glue tip, I use glue all the time but would have never thought to use it for curves!