Monday, July 21, 2014

DUMB!!!

Boy, did I do a dumb! My Handi Quilter Sweet 16 sit-down long arm. I couldn't put the bobbin in. I tried and tried. I just didn't seem to fit! What happened???? I had just bought pre-wound Glide bobbins and I was so anxious to use them. I finally determined I must have bought the wrong kind. So I wound my own bobbin. IT wouldn't go in either! Now what??

The needle was in the down position. Ugh! Boy, do I feel dumb! Glad I didn't call the manufacturer.

----

I seem to be out of my deep blue funk now. I just offered to look funk up in the Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary. (anyone else remember that from Rowan and Martin's Laugh In? Showing my age.)

I've been golfing a good bit. Actually, I haven't been golfing good yet. I still stink. But it is good to be outside like that. The ladies I've been golfing with a a fun group. Making some good friends, I think. In fact 4 of us have decided to play in the Rally for the Cure outing in two weeks. For sure, the four of us will have fun. We are all beginners, so it doesn't matter.

---

I have started on what I think is my most ambitious quilting project yet. I did two blocks from Celtic Solstice. I borrowed heavily from Sew Pretty Quilts for my quilting ideas. I hope she doesn't mind.
Here's my plan, on page protectors, with a water erasable pen:





And here's the first two blocks:



I may add more intense quilting later. We'll see.
I was using a Line Tamer ruler for the straight lines, but decided I can make them easier without the ruler. The Line Tamer is new. It comes with a plastic protector attached. Really time consuming to get the white plastic coating off.

Thanks,
Lin

6 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Your quilting looks fabulous! This is going to be one stunning quilt when you are finished!

I think we have all had those moments. . . I once was getting major eye lashes on my industrial and nothing I did seemed to help. I had it completely taken off the cabinet and was ready to load it into the car to go to the shop.... and thought, I'll try one more thing. The needle was in backwards!!! These things can be so touchy sometimes LOL Glad you figured it out :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm laughing with your - we all make mistakes at our machines or forget something - I've sure had my share of them.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

We definitely all have moments when we do silly things. Glad you were able to figure out what was wrong!

Your quilting looks great; keep it up!

Anonymous said...

The quilting looks really good -- and I am so glad you had a "dumb". If my quilting hero can have a dumb, then I can too. The soon to be a Mrs.

Patch the Giraffe said...

Hahaha that's something I would do! You're off to a great start now :) Can't wait to see it finished.

Gina said...

Glad it's not just me. I've put feet on wrong, forgot to put the foot down all sorts of things.
Love the quilting ideas xx