Wednesday, July 30, 2014

AND ON AND ON...

I am continuing to quilt Celtic Solstice. I can only quilt for so many hours a day, or my back hurts. The pictures I've seen of people using a stand-up longarm. They are all scrunched over the quilt to get a good view. I'm sure my back would be screaming with that. On my Handi Quilter, I'm sitting and supporting my back, but still, my back gets tired.

The quilting is progressing quite nicely. I'll take another picture in a few days so you can see. Here's how I started:




I'm using Glide thread and prefilled bobbins in Military Yellow. I understand it is their most popular color. I really like how it is looking on this quilt. First time using Glide by Fil Tec.

Thanks,
Lin

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm kind of surprised yellow is the most popular color!it is not one I would think of. Quilting looks lovely - I too have to stretch the back out often!

Cheryl said...

I like how the yellow blends in with all of the different colored fabrics in your quilt.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that taking your time with the quilting is really helping you enjoy the process, too! The yellow thread looks great on this quilt.

Anonymous said...

A tip -- that I have found to help the back issue-- I pin baste my quilts. When I set up my quilting space, I put the pin box a good stretch away -- that way every minute or so, I have to stretch to return a pin to the box. Every half hour or so, I put the box on the other side, so I am stretching with the other side of my body. I am surprised at how much this helped my back-issue. The newly married lady

Unknown said...

My favorites (Aurifil) are Lemon Yellow and Soft Gray so I totally understand. I use a Babylock Tiara (seated) and was told to RELAX- it has a lot to do with back pain being stressed or stiff. I also like to take my time when quilting