Saturday, December 6, 2014

Part One of Bonnie's Mystery Quilt

I finished part one of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt, Grand Illusion. These are my fabrics:




And above are the color cards she sent us to.


Here are my first 100 blocks: (well, really only a small sampling)




I played with them in alternate settings, wondering how Bonnie will have us put them into the quilt. I do like how the aqua star magically appears. It will probably be some completely different setting. I'll be surprised.

I chose not to do this mystery in scraps. Bonnie is the queen of scrappy quilts, but I wanted to do it with planned fabrics.

Thanks,
Lin

3 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Congrats on finishing the first clue, Lin! Your blocks look great! I am loving that top fabric on your fabric pile! (is it gray?) Well, all of it is fab but I might have to go snooping around for that. . . what is it? It's OK, you can enable me LOL :)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

100 blocks! Wow, congratulations on the fabric pull and all the work on the first part of the mystery!

Julie Fukuda said...

Can't wait to see how it goes together. Her patterns are always great but trying to second guess the outcome probably won't work. (After all, it is a mystery).