Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Camping

We went camping for the week end. It was cold and wet!!! We got there on Friday, and had rain all night. Listened to the rain on the roof of the camper all night. Fell asleep counting the raindrops. I counted very very high!

Our daughter, her husband and kids were supposed to join us, but he got sick. She did join us for a few hours on Saturday with the girls. Little Miss 8 and Little Miss 6. I melt when I'm in the presence of my grand daughters.

We were in northern Michigan, near Houghton Lake. It was in the low 40s at night. There was supposed to be sun spot activity, so we had hopes of seeing the Northern Lights. We went out at midnight, and my husband got up at 5:30 to check again. Had to drive to the lake to be able to see the sky. Too many trees in the camping area. Boy is it dark up there too! Needed a flashlight just to walk around to the other side of the truck.

I was just glad we weren't in a tent!


This picture is from when we were in Florida. We don't grow Spanish Moss up here.



Glad this is not us

Thanks,
Lin

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice looking camper :) sounds like other than the rain you had fun?