Saturday, September 27, 2014

Bee Blocks

I am caught up! I sent off my bee blocks yesterday. The September block (churn dash) is not technically late, since it's not yet October. The October block (maple leaf) is EARLY!! Isn't that amazing???

I sent a picture to Debbie of the farthest right two blocks, but she said the ballerina was not suitable for her theme. So I re-did it to the other pink block. Surprisingly, the "solid" fabric is the same in both pinks. I like the contrast in the ballerina block better than my second pink block.

Debbie had requested a "medium color range, not too light but not primary." I think I managed that.

Kate requested maple leaves for her bee blocks. We could either make 2-12" blocks, or 1-18" block. I chose the 18" block. A gray background, leaves to be any fall leaf color, with the stem a different color. I think I managed that one too.

I hope my bee partners like them. I had forgotten to take pictures of them before I packaged them up, so had to take them out of their envelopes for the pics. Hence the fold lines.

With my Supernova blocks done until we decide how much more we will do, and October's block done here, I can work on my other backlog items.



Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations - you are not just caught up, you are ahead! Excellent! I like the churn dash block with more color variation, too.

Cheryl said...

Congrats! I mailed off my churn dash blocks last week, but have not started the maple left block yet.