Friday, March 27, 2015

Sewing

I would have said I don't enjoy paper-piecing. But I have been working on my Judy Niemeyer quilt top, and I really enjoy doing them. The blocks just go so fast, and they keep my mind occupied. That's good so I don't keep mulling over the things that bother me.



These are the pieces I did at my class last summer at NQA in Columbus, Ohio. The teacher, Karen Conley, put together a kit. Made it so much easier, she also cut the pieces, and put them into the correctly numbered baggies the way Judy directs. Judy's patterns are so well organized, she walks you thru every step. I appreciate that.


These are the start of the blocks I've been working on this week. I was holding off on this project. I thought I would work on it while we were in the trailer, but I just didn't do that much sewing this year while in Florida. So I'm getting back into it now. I am really enjoying watching the progress. Since it's all batiks, and most batiks are brightly colored, this is gonna be a wowser of a quilt!

Thanks,
Lin

3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your quilt. I'll have to get this pattern as i love paper piecing.I like your new blocks too with the various colors.

Catherine said...

The colors are so striking. I love paper piecing too. I was a bit puzzled about "taking your mind off things". Hope you are OK?

Julie Fukuda said...

I have only tried paper piecing once and it was in a class ... as I don't have a machine. Certainly it goes faster and all the pieces fit together in the end. I loke the way batiks go together.