Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Quilt Guild

I want to share a quote from Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter fame. I feel like this too. Without even meeting most of you, I feel like I know you. I feel like we're friends. I've recently had my one year blogiversary too, and I've made some good friends this way.

Thank you for that.


" Over the past year (can you believe I’ve only been blogging for one year!?) I have formed some fabulous friendships with quilty bloggers across the country and world. Even without having met a single one of you in person, I can say that I feel like I am a part of your lives, and you a part of mine. We have swapped ideas, we’ve offered each other encouragement and advice, we’ve shared fears and unexpected pains, all via the reading, commenting, and replying to blogs, Instagram posts, and other online communications. Sure, technology poses new challenges to the balance of life, but boy does it also enrich our lives and create unprecedented opportunities. I’ve said it before–you are my quilt guild


http://nightquilter.com/2015/02/25/quiltcon-2015-reflection-friends/

Kitty Wilkin"

Thanks,
Lin

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I totally agree!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I couldn't agree more! Since participating in the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop (Plum & June, 2014) I've "met" so many wonderful new quilter/blogger friends! We are truly a community.

Catherine said...

International quilting friends!

Julie Fukuda said...

I saw your post on bloglovin in the morning but for some reason I can't comment from there. Now the late afternoon has brought you into my in-box but a more recent post.
Anywas, I wanted to tell you that I have had the joy of meeting a number of my blogging friends in person and they were just as wonderful as I had imagined. It was my son who turned my diary into a blog and at the time it was for my kids to see what I am up to. What a surprise it was to me to find so many wonderful friends out there in cyber-space!