Monday, February 3, 2014

Sewing Advice from 1949



Goodness! If I had to wait until all my work was done, I'd NEVER get to quilt! Do you have your powder and lipstick on? I wonder, does Chapstick count? I always have that on. I tend to lick my lips a lot when I sew. I guess they wouldn't like it if you shopped in your jammies either.

I have been slogging along, working on my Celtic Solstice. Now, how do YOU pronounce Celtic? Hard c, or soft? I say it with a hard C. I wonder if one is preferred. How about you folks from the UK, what do you say?

Anyway, here are pieces for the Celtic Solstice. I have Clue 1 and 2 finished now. Since I decided to make it bigger, I have to go back and make more. 
Celtic Solstice

I'm so impressed with how well everything goes together using Inklingo! I may still have a few spots that I have to unsew, but not like I would have had I just been sewing. I really like this whole system. I plan on making more things with it after this. On my wish list is a quilt using green pinwheels, and putting them with many different colored solids to see how it changes the "read" of the green. This will be a color study. I plan to make the pinwheels with Inklingo. But how far down the road is that quilt?

The sunset last night was lovely. Just peeking thru the trees at me. 


Linking to Anything Goes Mondays and Patchwork Times.

No comments: